V60 Pour Over
- Hario V60 + filter
- Goose-neck kettle
- Burr grinder
- Gram scale
- Coffee mug
- Yield Coffee
- Brew time: 2:30-3:00
- Coffee: 25g
- Water: 375g
- Coffee to water ratio: 1:15
- Grind: auto or drip setting. See grinding guide here.
- Water temperature: 195 – 200F
- Unfold the filter and insert into V60. Place your V60 on top of your mug rinsing the filter with hot water.
- Discard the rinsed water and place the V60 back on top of your mug.
- Weigh out 25g of coffee. Grind for auto/drip and pour ground coffee into the filter.
- Place everything on your scale. Tare scale to zero with cup underneath the V60.
- Start a timer and pour 50g of water over the coffee. Ensure to saturate all the grounds thoroughly by slowly pouring in concentric circles starting from the center and moving towards the edge.
- Allow the coffee to bloom for 30 seconds before adding more water. This will look like small bubbles rising to the surface of the wet coffee grounds. Allowing the coffee to bloom opens up the coffee and helps develop the flavor.
- Continue to pour water over the coffee in slow, concentric circles. Keeping the filter halfway filled with water during the brewing process, pour until you’ve reached a total weight of 375g of water.
- Brew times between 2.5 – 3 minutes depending on preference. When all the water has been poured over the coffee and the filter has begun to drip slowly, remove and discard the filter and grounds.