- Kalita Wave
- Kalita Wave filter
- Filtered Water
- Burr grinder
- Gram scale
- Yield Coffee of your choice
- Brew time: 2:30-3:00
- Coffee: 23g
- Water: 360g
- Coffee to water ratio: 1:15
- Grind: auto or drip setting. See grinding guide here.
- Water temperature: 195 – 200F
- Place the filter and insert into Kalita Wave. Place your Wave on top of your mug rinsing the filter with hot water.
- Discard the rinsed water and place the brewer back on top of your mug.
- Weigh out 23 grams of coffee. Grind fine to medium and pour ground coffee into the filter.
- Place everything on your scale. Tare scale to zero with cup underneath the brewer.
- Start a timer and pour 60g of water over the coffee. Ensure to saturate all the grounds thoroughly by slowly pouring in concentric circles starting from the center and moving towards the edge.
- Stir the coffee for 5 seconds.
- Allow the coffee to bloom for 45 seconds before adding more water. This will look like small bubbles rising to the surface of the wet coffee grounds. Allowing the coffee to bloom opens up the coffee and helps develop the flavor.
- Continue to pour water over the coffee in slow, concentric circles. Keeping the filter halfway filled with water during the brewing process, pour until you’ve reached a total weight of 360 grams of water.
- Brew times between 2.5 – 3 minutes depending on preference. When all the water has been poured over the coffee and the filter has begun to drip slowly, remove and discard the filter and grounds.