- French Press
- Burr Grinder
- Digital Scale
- Yield Coffee
- Filtered Water
- Brew time: 4 minutes
- Coffee: 40g
- Water: 600ml
- Coffee : Water ratio: 1:15
- Grind: Coarse
- Ideal water temperature: 200F
- Rinse the French press with hot water. Discard rinse water.
- Using a coffee to water ratio around 1:15 - 1:18.
- Weigh and grind the coffee at the coarsest setting. Add the ground coffee to the French press.
- Place everything on scale. Tare scale to zero.
- Start a timer and pour the hot water. Fill the French press with the appropriate amount of water. 1ml of water = 1gram
- When the timer reaches 1 minute, stir the coffee to help evenly saturate the coffee grounds.
- Carefully put the lid onto the press, allowing the plunger to rest just above the surface of the coffee.
- When the timer reaches 4 minutes, slowly press down the plunger using constant gentle pressure.
- Serve immediately.