Yield Academy Virtual Course: Coffee Brewing Fundamentals
YIELD COFFEE ROASTERS Presents: YIELD Academy - a list of classes hosted by YIELD's founders + team of educators.
Have you ever wanted to make the best coffee at home, but struggled to understand your equipment? Learn the basics to perfecting the art of specialty coffee at home. We believe great coffee shouldn't be limited to the coffee shop setting. These courses are designed to teach, empower, and guide you to better coffee-making theories and techniques. Become Your Own Barista.
Course Content Includes:
• Figure out exactly what you need to have and need to know to brew beautiful tasting coffee at home.
• Discuss Concentration, Extraction, and how they relate to flavor profiles
• What are tasting notes in coffee
• Figure out what information on the specific coffee will impact taste (elevation, process, country, region etc…)
• Introduction to Recipe Building
• In-depth look at Grind Size
• Guided brewing session on your brew method of choice
• Live Q&A with your Instructor
Coffee brewing should be simple - but it's usually not! We commonly hear that people find their home coffee to be far less flavorful than a café, even when using the exact same coffee! Struggling to find the best brew methods, recipes, and finishing times can be a little frustrating.
First, this is where everyone’s journey begins. Second, we want to help you get to the next level and start truly enjoying the specialty coffee making process at home. Join us for Brewing Fundamentals, where we'll demystify the coffee brewing process together so you can achieve optimal flavor in the comfort of your own home. Your friends will be highly impressed and glad you invested in yourself.
Equipment You'll Need
• Coffee Brewing Device (Any brewer - Coffee Pot, Pour-over, French Press, Aeropress, etc.)
• Grinder (Burr Grinder)
• Whole Bean YIELD Coffee (Included with ticket)
• 1 Gallon Distilled Water (For use with Third Wave Water)
• Coffee Filters
• Kettle (if using a manual brew method)
• Gram Scale (or tablespoon)
If you would like to purchase equipment through YIELD for class, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Academy Package - $100: 12oz Brazil Primavera + 12oz Ethiopia Two Brothers Natural Process + Course Materials
• General Admission - $75: 12oz Brazil Primavera + Course Materials
Coffee will be shipped one week prior to class to ensure its arrival. Attendees who purchase admission within one week of class time will still receive coffee, but we can't guarantee its arrival before class. We recommend purchasing tickets more than one week in advance.
This class will be hosted live via Google Meet. Please install and test Google Meet on your phone, tablet, or laptop before class time to avoid technical issues. Contact email@example.com with any questions, issues, requests, or feedback regarding YIELD Academy.
Want to start learning now? Check out our BREWING GUIDES for more info!