Please Note: If you are purchasing this class as a gift for someone else, attach their name and contact info into the notes section of the order so that we can coordinate with them to schedule a class time!
We offer barista training sessions at our Monroe roasting and training facility by appointment. After you order the class from our website, we will reach out to schedule a date for your session.
This workshop is intended for both beginners and those who are familiar with the fundamentals and want to advance their barista skills. This course covers everything from the proper espresso dosage and extraction to milk texturing and espresso beverage preparation. Participants will also learn how to recognize and diagnose typical espresso preparation issues, as well as cleaning practices used in the industry.
Our barista training curriculum is at the forefront of coffee research and practice. We not only provide the most recent technology and scientific information, but we also do it in an engaging and approachable manner. Participants will leave with a thorough foundation of how to properly prepare espresso and steam milk using an espresso machine and grinder. The emphasis will be on customer service, efficiency, and resource sustainability.
A hands-on look at espresso machines and grinders will demonstrate the aspects that must be considered when brewing espresso.
- Basic and in-depth operation of an espresso machine, including cleaning and maintenance.
- The various factors contribute to your final coffee shot and how to optimize these.
- Operating and Dialing in your Grinder.
- Classic Espresso and Milk Based Drink Preparation (espresso, Americano, macchiato, cortado, cappuccino, latte, cortado, mocha)
- Proper Milk Steaming, and Texturing
- Basic Milk Pouring Mechanics
- Efficiency and Consistency
- Basic Espresso Equipment Cleaning, Care, and Maintenance
Classes are limited to four participants each session. There must be a minimum of two participants. If the required minimum number of participants is not met, the session will be rescheduled for the following month, or a refund may need to be issued.