Yield Academy Virtual Course: Espresso Basics and Milk Steaming
YIELD COFFEE ROASTERS Presents: YIELD Academy - a list of classes hosted by YIELD's founders + team of educators.
A virtual course led by YIELD’s educators focused on the theory and practice of making espresso-and-milk drinks at home.
Have you ever wanted to make the best coffee at home, but struggled to understand your equipment? Learn the basics to perfecting the art of specialty coffee at home. We believe great coffee shouldn't be limited to the coffee shop setting. These courses are designed to teach, empower, and guide you to better coffee-making theories and techniques. Become Your Own Barista.
Course Content Includes:
• Pulling the Perfect Shot
• Dialing in Espresso to Taste
• Milk Steaming Theory
• Guided Milk Steaming Practice
• Milk Steaming Fundamentals
• Introduction to Latte Art
• Basic Espresso Machine and Grinder Cleaning
• Live Q&A with your Instructor
• The Barista Guide – A Step by Step Instruction Manual to Help You Dial in Espresso Basics + Wow Your Friends
If you have a home espresso machine, chances are you've encountered coffees that are difficult to dial in (making it taste really gooooood!), or maybe your milk just looks like a bubbly hot mess. You've probably heard a thousand different opinions on how to best pull a shot. If you’re looking for answers - we have a few of them. We've worked over 5 years searching for the most consistent, simple, and quality-focused methods that anyone can replicate in a simple manner.
Equipment You'll Need
• Home Espresso Machine - This class is specifically for making espresso at home. If you don't own an espresso machine, we recommend considering our brewing classes. (link here)
• Espresso Grinder
• Steaming Pitcher
• Gram Scale
• Latte Cup + 2oz Measuring Cup
• Whole Bean Coffee: Dark Horse Espresso + All-Day Espresso (included with purchase)
• Laptop or Phone with Google Meets installed
If you would like to purchase equipment through YIELD for class, email email@example.com
• Academy Package - $150: Includes 12oz Dark Horse Espresso, 12oz All-Day Espresso, Third Wave Water – Espresso Packet, Espresso Cleaner Solution, Espresso Grinder Pellets, Educational Materials.
• General Admission - $100: Includes 12oz Dark Horse Espresso, Educational Materials.
Coffee will be shipped one week prior to class to ensure its arrival. Attendees who purchase admission within one week of class time will still receive coffee, but we can't guarantee its arrival before class. We recommend purchasing tickets more than one week in advance.
This class will be hosted live via Google Meet. Please install and test Google Meet on your phone, tablet, or laptop before class time to avoid technical issues. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, issues, requests, or feedback regarding YIELD Academy.
Want to start learning now? Check out our BREWING GUIDES for more info!